Sr. Product Manager, On-Gun Accessories
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Product Manager of On-Gun Accessories.
The Senior Product Manager, On-Gun Accessories is responsible for the growth and profitability within the On-Gun Accessories category. This position is responsible for managing core product categories for multiple brands and/or key strategic business segments to insure products are positioned competitively in the market place and are appropriately configured and featured to compete in current market conditions. This entails updating existing products as well as introducing new products into the market, positioning these products, and monitoring product life cycles. This position is responsible for understanding the target market and keeping the product line competitive on both price and features with key responsibility for the profitability of the product line, as well as developing and maintaining product strategies for multiple brands which maximize market share opportunities and protects the core equities of the brands represented in his/her functional area of responsibility. The ability to develop and produce Strategic Planning documents is required. This position interfaces on a daily basis with Manufacturing, Planning, Research & Development, Suppliers, Customer & Consumer Service and Marketing Communications to accomplish key objectives. The position also works directly with Channel Marketing and Sales and will require interface with Customers (domestic and international) to insure placement of products in the proper channels of distribution. Requires 30%-40% domestic travel and some international travel may be required.
- Write and maintain Marketing strategic plans and maintain competitive pricing matrices
- Manage Respective Business with Financial Accountability
- Perform and Maintain Competitive Analysis
- Establish product specifications
- Establishing product order information (SAP)
- Establishing packaging specifications and user manuals
- New product pricing
- Margin analysis and financial projections
- Product forecasts
- Product positioning introductions
- Direct interaction with Research and Development and Manufacturing – specific focus on interaction with Engineering.
- Direct interaction with Suppliers, Potential Suppliers, and Consultants
- Catalog production
- Price list production
- Develop print media strategies
- Trade show displays (SHOT, IWA, NRA, SCI)
- Sales and Customer support
- Conduct product training for field sales representatives and field sales support
- Quality audits
- Writers Seminar product introductions
- Sales Meeting product introductions
- Press Release review
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (MBA preferred). Seven plus years product management and marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) software.
- Public Speaking Skills
- The ability to develop and produce Strategic Planning documents is required.
- This position requires motivation, self-discipline and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires creativity and the ability to develop product strategies from an embryonic state.
- Must be able to understand financial reporting and prepare and explain financial analysis to measure project and product line performance.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver presentation materials to senior level management.
- Must have a solid understanding and grasp of technical concepts as they relate to product design and manufacturing.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.