Director, Brand Management
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Director, Brand Management. The location for this position is will be determined at a later date.
Responsibility for oversight of the development of branding plans and projects and initiatives that support the broader short and long-term growth strategy of all FGI brands. To manage and insure the profitability and competitive positioning of FGI brands within the Sporting Goods market, and to act as a brand steward to insure the long-term effectiveness/ equity of the family of Brands under FGI with support from cross functional teams such as Product Management , Market Research, Marketing, Sales and P&L leadership.
- Steward of the brand that supports FGI’s brand promise, brand vision, brand position, brand architecture and achieves overall business goals for the brand.
- Engages, inspires and galvanizes the organization around the brand vision, position and strategies so they are clear in bringing them to life in their areas of functional expertise.
- Works collaboratively with marketing communications to execute packaging designs consistent with a determined communications hierarchy and a global style guide.
- Participates on a cross-functional team to develop new products following the process, including analyzing information to help set the sales forecast and financials and writing concept statements for consumer testing.
- Analyzes consumer, category, competition, and channel/customer as part of a situation assessment.
- Conducts analysis and periodical reviews of the brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance.
- Analyzes and provides consumer, category, and brand information to support channel marketing and sales in category management and sales presentations.
- Reviews channel and customer-specific point-of-purchase trade plans and provides feedback on consistency with marketing plan.
- Works with channel marketing and sales to identify programming to generate incremental sales and/or profitability.
- Leads global brand planning process by developing and executing annual brand target setting & innovation review and brand strategy review. Also participates in and contributes to annual brand operating plan reviews.
- Insuring proper brand presentation and presentation at trade events/ consumer events and marketing activities.
- Develops integrated positioning strategies to ensure maximum brand exposure for the family of FGI brands.
- Overseeing ALL FGI brand managers to ensure that strategies are executed properly.
- Directly supervises three employees in the Brand management department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; AND six to ten years brand management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer experience working with multiple brands.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PowerPoint Design software; SAP Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Public Speaking skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.