Plant Controller - AAC - Lawrenceville, GA
Freedom Group is the world's leading innovator, designer, manufacturer and marketer of firearms, ammunition and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement and military markets. As one of the largest manufacturers in the world of firearms and ammunition, we have some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington®, Bushmaster® Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms™, Marlin®, H&R®, The Parker Gun™, EOTAC™, Mountain Khakis®, Advanced Armament Corp. ®, Dakota Arms® and Barnes® Bullets. We currently have an opening for a Plant Controller in Advanced Armament Corp. at our Lawrenceville, GA facility.
Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting and budgetary controls.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports
- Responsibilities include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Involved in the costing, pricing and sales of the products
- Reports organization’s finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions
- Work with department managers to develop and maintain budgets
- Assist with computer questions regarding excel and other computer programs
- Manage commercial banking, vendor and some customer relationships
- Involved in the discovery of new products
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Handle the security system, card reader system and fire system
- Develop and improve accounting policies
- Manage accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk and receptionist
- Develop and manage the CAPEX and OPEX Budgets
- Provide reports as needed and when information is available
- Handle the employee purchase program
- Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- Two plus years of accounting experience
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, DBA, Outlook and word
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership and human relations abilities
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Able to use all related computer hardware and software
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Advanced Armament Corp. offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Click here to apply for this position.